Delaney is our design intern from Clemson University. She will be graduating in May 2022 with a Bachelor’s of Art in Architecture. As part of the Haute Design team Delaney focuses on floor plan and furniture drawings, design boards, fabric and furniture selections.
5 Q&a's with Delaney...
1. How do you like to spend your weekends? Weekends that I stay in Charleston I love to just take time to relax and go on morning walks throughout downtown Charleston and grab a coffee
2. where is your favorite place on earth? I have a few different places that I love for many different reasons but my two favorites are San Francisco, California and Amalfi Coast Italy, specifically Sorrento. They are completely different but I could see myself living in both places!
3. what is your favorite charleston restaurant? There are so many good restaurants and food options here, especially compared to Clemson. I love to cook but when I eat out I love to get tapas from Barsas Restaurants. They have the best, authentic seafood paella and potato bravas.
4. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH MOST? Probably being around my boyfriend and my friends. Living with your friends in college is one of the best and funniest experiences.
5. What designer past or present are you most inspired by and why? I find inspiration from many different designers. I tend to gravitate towards more risk takers with bold, modern, abstract pieces. Mixing materials architecturally on the exterior and interior is something I love to see. Three of my favorite design pages to follow on instagram are currently Interior Designer SaraStoryDesign, Architect Jeffrey Dungan, and custom home builder Melissa Hryszko of Veranda Estate Homes.