Breland is our design intern from Clemson University. She is achieving her undergraduate in Architecture. We are thrilled to have her part of our team! From keeping the material library organized to renderings she has been a great addition to the Haute Design team!
1. How do you like to spend your weekends? I LOVE TO READ IN THE MORNING AND WORKOUT. i LOVE HANGING OUT WITH MY FRIENDS AND WALKING AROUND DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON TO ENJOY THE BEAUITUFL WEATHER.
2. where is your favorite place on earth? BEAVER CREEK, COLORADO! sKIING OUT WEST IS MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD TO DO AND BEAVER CREEK HAS THE BEST SLOPES! i LOVE GOING TO THE VILLAGE WHERE THERE ARE GREAT RESTAURANTS AND SHOPS.
3. what is your favorite charleston restaurant? I WOULD HAVE TO SAY GAULART & MALICLET FOR LUNCH AND 167 RAW FOR DINNER!
4. WHAT DESIGNER PAST OR PRESENT ARE YOU MOST INSPIRED BY AND WHY? JAMES TURRELL IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE ARTISTS WHO CREATED IMMERSIVE SPACES WITH THE CREATIVE USE OF LIGHT, VOID AND COLOR. i WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE TECNIQUES USED IN HIS EXHIBITIONS SCALED DOWN AND INSTALLED IN MORE HOMES! THE ART LITTERY GLOWS WHICH I THINK IS BEAUTIFUL!
5. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH MOST? MY FRIENDS! I ALWAYS SURROUND MYSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO MAKE ME LAUGH AND SHARE THE SAME SENSE OF HUMOR!